Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Last days of the Barnes & Noble Music Department, Enfield CT

At 8:04 pm on October 5, 2010, the Music Department in our store ceased to exist.

October 5, 2010

No more DVDs.

I spent about 6 years working in this department. I helped to set it up before this store even opened in the Fall of 2002. I'll carry on elsewhere, and adapt to the changes at work as I've always done, but this is still difficult to come to terms with.

October 5, 2010

I brought up the customer orders/holds to the front, and made this sign to hang outside the (former) Music department. As I wrote the last couple of letters, I broke down a bit.



See the rest of the set here --



(Click here if you are unable to view the above embedded slideshow --
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nebulosus_severine/sets/72157624981107435/show/)

No comments: