Wednesday, May 25, 2011

NEW painting and new show - Hammered & Nailed in Hartford, CT

Tuesday afternoon, a friend told me about an open-submission art show this coming weekend -- and that the setup dates were Wednesday and Thursday! So I had to rush to get my arse in gear and get something ready for it. I had a partially-started canvas, and I decided I'd finish it up. I added the final touches to it sometime around noon on Wednesday, May 25th.

I Am The Blood (for K.)
Title: I Am The Blood
Year: 2011
Dimensions: approx. 11 in. X 22.5 in.
Media: Acrylic paint and wire on canvas



The event is called Hammered & Nailed:

NLUV (Now Let Us Vindicate) presents:
H A M M E R E D & N A I L E D:
Free Creative Open Call to Artists @
ArtSpace Hartford Gallery-
555 Asylum St. Hartford, CT

Event Description:
BRING A HAMMER AND NAILS! [maybe also a level and a measuring tape just to be on the safe side :)] and hang it up on the wall, install it in the space provided (bring your own specific tools), propose performance art pieces, play some music, dance, screen a film/multimedia work (check out the space before hand in your free time to get a feel for it) and BOOYAH! ...your art, music, poetry, dance, performance is ready to show the world.

Now aint that something?

*NO ENTRANCE FEES!
*NO QUANTITY LIMITATIONS!
*NO SIZE LIMITATIONS!
*NO THEMES!
*NO SPECIFIC MEDIUM REQUIREMENTS!
*ANY WORKS SOLD IS PURE PROFIT FOR ARTISTS! [BUT DONATIONS TO NLUV ARE ALWAYS WELCOMED ;) ]

FIRST-COME! FIRST-SERVED! There will be limited wall space and installation space.

*DROP OFF FOR ARTWORK/PERFORMANCE PROPOSAL: MAY 25TH & 26TH
(PLEASE HAVE PRE-REGISTRATION FORM FILLED OUT AND READY TO MAKE REGISTRATION AND HANGING PROCESS EASIER FOR EVERYONE, HAVE YOUR OWN WALL LABELS READY, AND ANY BUSINESS CARDS YOU WANT TO DISPLAY)

I decided to bring two paintings -- the one I completed on Wednesday, and one I had done a couple of years ago, All Loveliness is Anguish:

Getting ready to ship out.

I'm glad I got there early. Space was filling up really fast!

All Loveliness is Anguish and I Am The Blood (for K.)

Here is a slideshow of the rest of the pics I quickly snapped today.


I'll take a lot more pics at the opening reception on Saturday night.

(If you are unable to view the embedded slideshow, click here)

No comments: