Friday, November 28, 2008

Shop

It is with quite a bit of reluctance that I return to the realm of selling things in Second Life.


I used to have a shop called Numinous, but I closed it in June of 2008 so that I could focus more on creating art. I always felt like I had a bit of an obligation hanging over my head to keep updating and promoting it, which frustrated me to no end -- especially since the commerce world of Second Life has gotten much, much more competitive (and cutthroat).

But I also missed out on MUCH needed funding that helped keep up my artistic pursuits. Arthole has a donation box, but I'm simply not getting enough from that.

So to make a long story short, I recently began setting up a NEW shop; however, this one has an entirely different philosophy.

It's called Night-Ghast, and you can purchase anything I create there by simply making a donation of L$1 or more for the item you want.

So, that if you think a Glowing Tree I made is worth L$50, you can pay the vendor that amount; or, if you like a jewelry set I made but only have a few Lindenbux to spend, you can pay the vendor L$1 and still get it.


Why am I doing it this way?

Two reasons:
-- I feel uncomfortable asking for a certain amount of money; I never know what to charge for things.
-- I want my products to be accessible and affordable. Art/culture/cool stuff shouldn't JUST be for people who have a lot of money.

Glow trees

I will blog more about this soon. In the meantime, if you want to check out what I have set up so far (at the moment, it's winter/holiday/Xmas stuff), here's a SLurl --
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Kress/243/89/149

No comments: