Monday, February 23, 2009

One of my older works.

Untitled charcoal & pastel, September 9, 2001
Title: Untitled (September 9, 2001)
Year: 2001
Dimensions: 14 in. X 17 in.
Media: Charcoal and pastel on paper


At the time I drew this piece, I had been in the midst of a very long, very dry art phase. I hadn't drawn or painted anything of note in years before I was suddenly compelled to draw this. The imagery came to me in a dream, if I remember correctly. I had no idea then, and still have no real idea, why I was so driven to create this; it was just something I HAD to do.

The eerie thing about this piece -- if you'll notice the date, it was exactly 2 days before life changed for every man, woman, and child in America. Prophetic....?

The only person to have ever seen this piece before today was my roommate. I have not wanted to really think about it for years.

No comments: