Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Attn: Smartphone users -- BETA TESTERS WANTED - Help me prepare for Open Studio!

Open Studio 2011 is rapidly approaching, and I have been busy making preparations for everything. During Open Studio Weekend (Saturday & Sunday, 12 & 13 November, 2011 - 11 AM - 5 PM), I will have artwork for sale (original, one-of-a-kind pieces as well as prints, and more). 

Mostly, I figure I will be accepting cash -- HOWEVER, I thought of an idea that might just be crazy enough to work but I need help testing it! 

My bright idea was to give people the ability to make a payment or a donation via Paypal. I generated a QR code, which I will print out if this works, for people with Smartphones to scan. It will direct them to my Paypal page, which will enable them to pay using a credit/debit card or a Paypal account. Since I get my email sent to my phone, I should theoretically be able to get payment confirmation pretty much the instant their payment is sent.

But will it work...? Here's where I need your help! If you have a Smartphone and are willing to make a very small donation (even a few cents), please scan the barcode below to see if it takes you to my Paypal page. If it does, see if you can make a payment via your phone. I am not looking for big donations here, just a tiny amount to see if this idea of mine will actually work. 

NO PAYPAL ACCOUNT NEEDED TO MAKE A PAYMENT/DONATION! Paypal accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover. Any help you can all provide me with is HUGELY appreciated!




See also: http://chromotive.blogspot.com/2011/10/open-studios-2011-event-info.html

No comments: