Thursday, March 6, 2008

News, news, and news

News #1:
Found out yesterday that something about me is mentioned in a German book about Second Life by Sven Stillich (known as Ava Milner in SL). I have no idea what was written about me, I'm not even sure I can purchase it in the U.S., and the book is in German, anyway.

Someone had IMed me asking for admittance to the Art & Artist Network; we made some small talk & then this: [edited slightly for conciseness]

M***** R****: thanks for this talk with a very famous artist in sl...I am proud about it...I have red of you and your work in the german book from ava milner. :)
Nebulosus Severine: oh really?
Nebulosus Severine: which book is that?
M***** R****: you dont know about this book..it is called.... second life
M***** R****: the autor is sven stillich
M***** R****: and he is in sl as ava milner
Nebulosus Severine: is it available only in germany?
Molina Rhode: I dont know...sorry
Nebulosus Severine: it's ok
Nebulosus Severine: i didn't know i was in a book :)
M***** R****: the bullet point of this book is: how does virtuell world change our life..
M***** R****: and it is very intresting.....about all the beginning
M***** R****: I cant believe that you dont know
Nebulosus Severine: i have heard of other second life books but not that one
M***** R****: he wrote about a talk between you and him
Nebulosus Severine: but maybe it is not available in the US :)
Nebulosus Severine: oh, wow
M***** R****: maybe...
M***** R****: and that was that what makes me proud about the talk to you :)
Nebulosus Severine: awwww, well thank you :))
Nebulosus Severine: i never thought of myself as famous
M***** R****: your welcome
M***** R****: now...you see....it is :)
Nebulosus Severine: i only remember talking to ava a little bit
M***** R****: he is writing about you and other famous people there in sl....about funaria too
Nebulosus Severine: is it written in german?
M***** R****: yes
M***** R****: I think that is very important to have such books .....I red this book and it showed me that sl is more than a shopping and partnersearching station :)
Nebulosus Severine: yes :) there is much to explore and learn here
M***** R****: important for all newbies
M***** R****: a must for all newbies :)))
Nebulosus Severine: hehe
M***** R****: me showed the book the way to much explore....and creative work
M***** R****: but now I havestolen enough of your time
M***** R****: maybe we see us anytime....thanks and bye for now
Nebulosus Severine: it has been my pleasure! thanks for joining
M***** R****: :))
Nebulosus Severine: and thank you for the information


So, um, HOLY SHIT.

News #2:
Got this offline message today -
[7:51] C**** N***: hi there. c**** from the avastar here - we're doing
a feature on women in SL for international women's day this weekend and
we were going to include you in the top 10 women of SL...but we could
use a picture or 2. is there any chance you could send some to
*****@the-avastar.com ?
[7:51] C**** N***: cheers!
I am flattered, honored, and a little bewildered, as my avatar (and my inner self) is androgynous. People often refer to me as female, so... I guess it's all good. I'll take the compliments and the publicity when I can get it.

News #3:
Is THIS!

ZOMGwtfBunnyken!!!!!!!!!


No comments: