Sunday, September 28, 2008

New installation - 'Ornamental Love'

Was recently offered some gallery space at Sintetika by Nur Moo and didn't really know what I was going to build until today:

The piece will be there 'til roughly the end of October. More details (event, etc.?) forthcoming.

Ornamental Love
Ornamental Love

Installation by Nebulosus Severine [2008]
Sintetika sim
September/October 2008
-----------------------------------------------------
[Best viewed at Midnight.]

I built this piece over the course of several hours when taking a break from working on an entirely different installation.

As I worked, the title came to me from somewhere in my subconscious - as often happens, my pieces seem to choose a name for themselves.

It was only later on that I realized 'Ornamental Love' is also the title of a piece by my favorite artist (and biggest influence), Robert Longo: http://www.momentaart.org/pas_pro/img/longo.jpg

I had considered renaming it, but it didn't want another name.

No comments: