Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Art I like lately - Vincent Castiglia

I found out about Vincent Castiglia while browsing a recent issue of Rue Morgue magazine.


Vincent Castiglia - The Accuser
Artist's blood on paper
22 x 30 in.


A blurb about the artist and his work:
All of Vincent Castiglia's work is created using only his blood, and water, sometimes utilizing pen and ink. Castiglia finds that to connect with his work on this level is obligatory. This is integral to the veracity of each work. For Castiglia, it is as if the force contained within his vital fluid and the space in which he is rendering with it, converge, quickening the image.

Vincent Castiglia lives and works in New York City. His work has been explored by several international art, tattoo, and lifestyle publications.

His use of blood as a medium fascinates me, and is also something I identify with a bit, as I have used blood in my art before:

Look What You Made Me Do
CM Pauluh - Look What You Made Me Do
1995
Ink, colored pencil, and blood on paper
Approx. 8.5 in. X 11 in.



Artist's official site: http://vincentcastigliaart.com/

No comments: