Friday, October 17, 2008

Art I like lately - William Elliott of 'What Fresh Hell is This?'

Stumbling around on the web tonight, I came across an internet comic strip called What Fresh Hell is This? by William Elliott and Tom Nash.

The humor's a bit inconsistent, but some strips had me cracking the FUCK up (like this one - http://www.nashspace.net/freshhell/jesuschrist.htm).

It's the illustrations, however, that really, really grabbed me -- I read through the entire site in one sitting, and I can't wait to see more.

All the artwork for WFHIT is done by William Elliott, whose style reminds be a bit of Jhonen Vasquez, especially in earlier strips -- not that it's a BAD thing. Just check out the "Doodles" page -- fucking BRILLIANT technique:


Images and work ©2006-2007 Will Elliott and Tom Nash


Tonight I'm going to add a link list to this blog - "Sites I Really Fucking Like."
What Fresh Hell is This? will be the first one I add to it.

No comments: