Sunday, January 29, 2012

Two opening receptions in one day!

Today I was in attendance (briefly) for two art shows that officially opened today -- The 21st Annual Exhibit of The National Arts Program® for Greater Hartford and Middlesex County, at Capital Community College in Hartford, CT; and the 33rd Annual Salon des Independents at Hygienic Art, New London, CT.

Two of my paintings (bottom left and upper right)

Two of my works, You Taste Like Memories (bottom left) and Chasm (upper right), in the Hartford show.

Visitors in the galleries
The opening reception for the Hartford show was in the early afternoon, but I didn't stay for long, since I had to run down to New London to get my painting set up for that show; space there is limited and is first-come, first-served.


Signing in my art

I brought my painting, I Am the Blood, to Hygienic this year.  Wasn't able to stay for the opening reception, which didn't start til 8 PM, but I had a chance to see a lot of the art.

"I Am the Blood" hanging in the gallery, downstairs

I took quite a few photos today, which can be viewed via the slideshows listed below.
(Or, click here and here if the embedded slideshows don't work for you)



No comments: