Saturday, January 26, 2008

Friday Five - Thinking Warm Thoughts

1. What is your favorite hot beverage?
Hmm, I have several -- hot lemonade (half a lemon squeezed into a mugful of hot water & sweetened with honey - perfect when you've got a cold or sore throat), tea of many varieties (peppermint, Good Earth, Earl Grey), good coffee, Starbucks green tea latte (which is like a meal in itself), hot apple cider.

2. Describe your favorite hot food?
How can I possibly narrow it down? There are so many good hot foods. A few comfort foods that immediately spring to mind are grilled cheese & tomato soup; oatmeal with maple syrup, brown sugar, & cinnamon; oeufs cocottes (basically an egg with soft cheese, salt & pepper, & a sprinkling of herbs baked in a ramekin in a water bath - there are infinite variations on the ingredients) with buttered rye toast; miso soup; baked potatoes... there are a million good hot foods.

3. What piece of clothing makes you feel warm and snuggly the moment you put it on?
My wool socks, my stripey sweater, & my polar fleece pullover that my mom made me for Christmas this year.


4. Do you warm up your car on cold days? Do you run the heat all the time or just enough to defrost the windows?
I don't have a (driveable) car at the moment, but I usually didn't warm up my car unless I had to defrost the windows -- not only is it a waste of gas, but I'm too impatient to wait.

5. What is your ideal warm-weather vacation spot?
I have no idea. There's plenty of places I'd like to check out someday, but I'm currently too poor (and a little agoraphobic).

No comments: