Saturday, January 5, 2008

Friday Five - Unresolved

1. Do you make New Year's resolutions or personal goals?
Not usually; though I do sometimes keep in mind things that I'd like to happen, I don't usually make actual resolutions.

2. Have you ever kept a New Year's resolution? Achieved a personal goal?
The only major resolution/goal I've ever achieved is quitting smoking, which I swore I'd do before I turned 30, and that goal wasn't related to New Year's.

3. What things are you always resolving to do but never actually do?
Exercise more.

4. Why do you think most people fail to uphold their New Year's resolutions?
They probably just don't want to do it bad enough.

5. Share the thing you most want to do this year and describe five steps you will take to make it happen.
I'd like to get more motivated in general; that is my biggest weakness, I think. Five things I could do to help would be to set small goals for myself, make lists of specific things I'd like to achieve, get a bit more communicative with others, continue to take St. John's Wort supplements (which helps eliminate worrying and depression), and refuse to give in to negative thoughts (such as comparing myself to others).

No comments: