Monday, January 19, 2009

25 things

2 memes with 1 stone (or something)
& yes, that's Halloween makeup. :P

1.) I don't know how to ride a bike or how to rollerskate.
2.) I've never flown on a plane before (partly because I am deathly afraid of it), and I have never (yet) traveled outside the U.S.
3.) I can spot typos or misspellings a mile away -- they drive me fucking batshit nuts. Whenever I discover a typo or mistake I have made, I feel deeply ashamed. Writing anything takes me forever because I always re-read eveything I've written about 5 times, at least.
4.) I was in the Girl Scouts for 6 years when I was a kid and I loved it, except for the selling-cookies part.
5.) I am supposedly related to Emily Dickinson (the poet) on my mother's side.
6.) I am a licensed cosmetologist (hairstylist) in the state of CT, but I have never pursued it as a career, nor have I ever wanted to. I keep up my license so I can still buy professional hair products. :P
7.) I rarely drink and I can't remember the last time I was actually drunk.
8.) I quit smoking about 3 years ago somewhat out of the blue, completely cold-turkey. It was easier than I imagined it would be.
9.) I live with (yes, "live with," I don't see animals as possessions) 6 cats and I'd rather hang out with them than with most people.
10.) I am severely allergic to horses and can't be in an enclosed space with them for any length of time.
11.) I haven't owned a car for over a year and I'm kinda in no rush to get another.
12.) I once found a piece of quartz crystal in Arkansas. I was 12 years old. I was on a camping trip with my family and one night on the way to the bathroom, I saw something glittering in the low light. I was drawn to it, dug it up, and found the crystal. I still have it.
13.) I haven't had my natural hair color since I was 12 or 13. I started with Sun-In hair lightener (http://www.sun-in.com/lemon.asp) since I wasn't allowed to do anything more drastic at that age. The rest is history.
14.) If I had not been an artist, I may have pursued a career in science.
15.) I never listen to the radio. EVER. I love music, but not the fucking crap they play on mainstream radio.
16.) If I could have a real working third eye implanted to my forehead, I would do it in a second despite my fear of doctors/hospitals.
17.) I am a supertaster (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supertaster) and in general am a highly sensitive person (sensory and emotionally). I also have ADD but I don't take meds for it.
18.) I wish I had learned how to play the piano.
19.) I taught myself to swim. When I was about 5, my mom brought me to swimming lessons, but I didn't take to it -- I was too scared. But when my family got a pool put in a couple years later, I was able to relax more and learn on my own.
20.) I think I probably have asthma that was never diagnosed.
21.) I've never had a cavity in my entire life. (*knocks on wood*)
22.) I am simultaneously both an only child and the eldest of 6 children. I am my father's only offspring; my mother remarried and had 5 other kids with my stepdad (my half-brothers).
23.) I have a tiny tattoo (about 0.75 inches) of an anarchy symbol on the right side of my right knee. It was given to me by my friend Dakota, when I was about 18. He used india ink and a sewing needle attached to a broken pencil.
24.) I could sing the alphabet reasonably well before I was a year old.
25.) I spend way, way, way, WAY too much time thinking. My brain never shuts off, ever.

No comments: