Friday, February 29, 2008

Friday Five: Learning


1. How and when did you learn to swim?
I learned to swim when my parents put a swimming pool in our back yard -- I was about 8 and I taught myself.

2. How and when did you learn to drive?
I took driving lessons when I was about 17 -- took me awhile to get used to driving; I was terrified of it at first. Too much sensory overload.

3. How and when did you learn to tie your shoelaces?
I don't remember how old I was; probably four-ish. My mom taught me how. I had trouble learning how to tie a standard knot, so she taught me the two-loop knot instead. I still tie my shoes the same way.

4. How and when did you learn to cook?
For as long as I can remember, my mom had always let me help out in the kitchen, so there was never a specific time that I learned to cook, per se. I just kind of grew up knowing the basics.

5. How and when did you learn to type?
I took a half-year of typing in my senior year of high school. I learned the basics there, but I type a hell of a lot faster now (hunting and pecking) than I did when I typed "correctly" during that course.


(Happy Leap Day, muthafuckas!!)

No comments: