Friday, June 13, 2008

Pick Up Your Fucking Trash!

It all started innocently enough -- I paid a visit to Brooklyn Is Watching, which I hadn't done in awhile. I read the site on a regular basis and there were a few pieces I wanted to check out.

Some of the first things I noticed when I arrived were prim litter -- an empty box from some clothing shop or other, and a freebie go-cart. As I wandered, I found more random crap -- a couple of obligatory plywood cubes. None of these objects were meant to be left here as art. It's all just stuff people were too lazy and or inconsiderate to dispose of.

[And if any of these people in question wants to be a contrary fucking jerk about it and argue that they MEANT to leave it there as their art, well, I've got news for you, buddy -- your art fucking SUCKS.]

So anyway -- I saw all this shit laying around and created this to comment on it:

Pick Up Your Fucking Trash!
(You'll probably have to be signed into Flickr to see it, as I've set this pic to "Moderate."
As in "moderate"ly offensive? Because it has the F-word in it, oooooh!)


The arrows say this in the description field:

I have pet peeves. Prim litter is one of them. So unless you are new to SL as of today, pick up your fucking shit.

Fucking trash receptacle.

Put your fucking TRASH into the fucking RECEPTACLE.

Of course, the trash can is symbolic. Pick up your prim litter, delete it, whatever. Just don't leave it hanging around on land that isn't yours, you inconsiderate twat.


Brooklyn Is Watching is a place where anyone can build, thus it's inevitable that rubbish like this will appear, but it still pisses me off, no matter where it happens. It's the carelessness of people that annoys me, really, more than the objects themselves.



I've really been in a fucking mood lately. And part of it is a result of me holding back a lot of shit that I've wanted to say, not just pertaining to SL, but to a lot of things in my life. This is an issue that goes back years and years.

I am already a pretty outspoken person, but when it comes to things that annoy me or make me angry, I try to keep my opinions to myself unless I'm really pushed to the limit, because I don't want to be rude. Well, I'm sick of fucking keeping my mouth shut. I'm sick of biting my tongue. I need to man the fuck up and start saying more of what I think. Not to be a dick or anything, but why the hell should I keep it bottled up?

No comments: